Shipping & Returns
We strive to ship each customer’s order within 2-3 business days from when the order was placed. However, there are certain factors that may delay the order leaving within that window. ***Please note that any order placed after 12pm CST on Friday or over any Federal Holiday will not be processed until the following business day.***
- Seasonal Delays: our business is seasonal in nature and during our heavier volume times of the year (Fall & Christmas) we can experience delays in order processing time. We appreciate your patience during these times and know that we are working hard to get your order out as quickly as possible. During September - December you can expect to have 2-3 days processing time added to each order placed.
- Payment problems: payment processing issues will delay the shipment of your order until we contact you for a resolution (be sure to provide your best contact information, we won’t share it with anyone).
- Address problems: we must validate all shipping address through our shipping carrier. If we cannot validate your shipping address, we hold your order until we can do so. We want to ensure we are shipping to a correct address before the package leaves our Facility. We will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Inventory problems: we make great efforts to keep our inventory as accurate as we can so that we never over-sell an item. We will attempt to contact you by phone and by email if this should happen. If we are unable to reach you, we will issue a refund for the item/s and ship your order with the remaining items.
Due to the very seasonal nature of our business, once orders have been placed we will not allow for any cancellations or changes to be made to those orders. We do not have the ability to add additional items to any orders once they have been placed. Any additional items will have to be purchased as a new order through the website.
Delivery times are based on the day your order is shipped. For instance, 2-day shipping, means two business days after the order is shipped, not two days from the date the order was placed.
- Please note that any order placed after 12pm CST on Friday or over any Federal Holiday will not be processed until the following business day.
- Shipping prices are based on weight, package size, and distance from our facility to your address.
- Free shipping is only available to the Continental United States, lower 48 states, for orders that total $75 or more before tax.
- Free Shipping is available for all Designs by Ellis pieces for orders in the Continental United States; orders outside of this zone are subject to additional shipping charges.
Lost or Stolen Packages:
Ellis Home and Garden is not responsible for lost or stolen packages, packages sent to the wrong address or refunding/replacing lost packages that have not been delivered. However, we will try to help you locate the package by working with the carrier to try to find it. Please first contact your local post office or mail carrier to see if it is possibly still on their truck or at the post office. Check with a neighbor to see if it was delivered to the wrong address by mistake. Yes, these are all cases that we have seen happen. You may file a claim with USPS or UPS for the missing package.
Delays due to COVID-19:
It has come to our recent attention that USPS is experiencing significant delays due to reduced operating capacity as a result of the COVID-19 virus. If your order is experiencing such a delay please take the following actions:
- Sign up for all tracking & delivery notifications associated with your tracking number on USPS.com. You can do this by searching your tracking number on their website.
- File a Trace with USPS; option 2: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm (we cannot do this on your behalf.
- After 7 business days have passed from when you filed the Trace you can submit a Missing Mail search request; option 3: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm
We understand that it is very frustrating to have your order not delivered within a timely manner and to not be able to get updated information regarding that order. Unfortunately, we have zero control over what happens to packages once they leave our facility. We will not be held responsible for missing packages as a result of the delays caused by COVID-19.
To help alleviate some of these issues, we will no longer be shipping our orders that qualify for Free Shipping with USPS. USPS will still be an option an checkout for customers who do not qualify for Free Shipping. Please note that if you choose USPS you can expect longer than normal delivery times. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
We want our customers to be satisfied with their purchase from us and 99.9% of the time, this has been the case. But, if for any reason you are not satisfied with your product, you may return the item for a refund on the purchase price excluding the shipping charge.
- We must be notified prior to returning the item.
- Items discounted greater than 50% off/Final Clearance/Special Promo items are not returnable
- Item must be returned within 7 days of receipt (this is due to the seasonal nature of our products).
- Item must be in same condition that it was received in i.e. all tags and packing materials intact.
- A copy of our invoice must be enclosed
- Shipping fees for returned items are the expense of the buyer and will not be refunded.
- Refund will be made back to the original credit/debit card
If your order is damaged in transit, please notify us immediately and no later than 7 days of receipt. Save all packaging for possible inspection by USPS or UPS. If your package is damaged due to carrier or delivery driver negligence, please contact the carrier directly to negotiate a refund or replacement. We will not be held responsible for the actions of the Carrier or Delivery Driver once the package leaves our facility.
Once you have communicated to us that your item was damaged, we will do our best to reach a satisfactory arrangement with you whether it be replacement of the item (if available), an exchange or a refund.
If you have an issue with your order, comment, question or concern please do not hesitate to contact us. All communications must go through firstname.lastname@example.org. Any messages to our Facebook page regarding issues, comments, concerns with an online order/status/refund/return will be directed to use that email address. If you contact our company Facebook page, but then do not send your concern to our Customer Service email address Ellis Home & Garden will not be responsible for addressing the issue. We must have all communications go through proper channels. We appreciate your understanding with this matter.