DIY Summer Watermelon Teardrop
DIY Summer Watermelon Teardrop
Today we are creating a fun and whimsical Summer Watermelon Teardrop, with Tim our Floral Designer at Fads & Frames in Alexandria, LA, that is perfect for welcoming the warmer months. This Teardrop Swag can be used all through Summer until it is time to change out your decor for Fall. This Teardrop can be created using the steps and supplies listed below, as always, any combination of ribbon, florals and accents can be used to create a one-of-a-kind teardrop for your door.
- (1) 32" Evergreen Teardrop Swag
- (1) 10" Apple Green Metallic Deco Mesh
- (1) 1.5" Watermelon Slice Spring Ribbon
- (1) 2.5" Buffalo Plaid Watermelon Ribbon
- (3) Summer Watermelon Glitter Curly Pick
- (1) 18" Watermelon Happy Summer Pick
- (2) 28" Patriotic Red Plaid Spiral Curly
- Wire Cutters
- Floral Wire
- Hot Glue
- To begin, gather all of your supplies. Remember that you can use any combination of florals, ribbon and accents for this Teardrop.
- We will begin by tying the Deco Mesh to the top right of the Teardrop using the branches. We are going to work our way across the Teardrop and then tie the Mesh down again using another branch.
- We will repeat this process making small puffs or loops across the Teardrop. We are weaving our way all the way down the Teardrop horizontally.
- Once the base of Mesh is complete your Teardrop should look like this
- Now we can begin to add the accents. We will start first with the Patriotic Curly Spray. You will want to cut the main stem of this spray about half way down and then you will place it roughly in the middle of the Teardrop. Wedge the stem in between the branches of the Teardrop and don't forget to add hot glue to the stem. You can also use the branches of the Teardrop to twist around the stem on the backside of the Teardrop.
- Now we can place the Happy Summer Watermelon Pick. We are going to place this just to the right of the Curly Spray.
- Next we will add the Watermelon Glitter Curly Spray. This will be placed to the left of the Curly Spray.
- Our second Curly Spray can now be added to the bottom section of the Teardrop. We will secure it the same way, by adding hot glue and using the branches to tie it down.
- We will also add another Watermelon Glitter Curly Spray in the bottom section of the Teardrop.
- Our final Watermelon Glitter Curly Spray is added to the top left of the Teardrop.
- Now we will begin adding small loop bows to the bottom and mid sections of the Teardrop. These are single loops that are tied with a floral wire. We have layered the two ribbons on top of each other.
- Now we will add a 6 loop Bow to the top of the Teardrop using the Buffalo Plaid Watermelon Ribbon. This bow is tied with floral wire and then placed off center to the right on the Teardrop at the top.
- We will also add two smaller 3 loop bows using the Watermelon Slice Ribbon. One to the bottom of the Teardrop and another to the top left.
- When you have finished adding your Bows the Teardrop is complete and you can enjoy it all Summer long.
- Rebecca Coffman