DIY Easter Moss Cross
DIY Easter Moss Cross
Just in time for Easter we have this stunning Easter Moss Cross that can be hung from any wall or door in your home to help celebrate the season! This Cross could also be used as a Memorial piece and added to a metal easel. As always, any combination of florals or accents can be used to create this door piece. You can create one of your very own using the steps and supplies listed below
- (1) 24" Moss & Angel Vine Cross
- (2) Spring Tulip Foliage Bush
- (2) 27" Yellow Waxflower Spray
- (1) 16" Mixed Leaves & Twigs Floral Pick
- Wire Cutters
- Hot Glue
- To begin, gather all of your supplies. Remember that you can use any combination of florals and accents that you prefer for this project.
- To get started, you first need to trim the Mixed Leaves & Twigs Floral Pick. You will want to cut the stem right at the base where all of the pieces are joined together. Remember to add hot glue to the end of the stem before placing it into the cross.
- We placed ours into the center of the cross and then spread the stems out to create a base of greenery.
- After you are happy with the placement of the greenery, you will need to start cutting the Tulips apart into three sections.
- Once you have the tulips separated you will place them randomly throughout the greenery. Make sure to place them all around the greenery; top, middle, bottom, left & right. Don't forget your hot glue too!
- Once you have placed all of your tulips, you can begin adding the accents. You will need to cut the Yellow Waxflower apart into three sections. We cut off all of the length off of the stem and focused mainly on the smaller branches that hold the flowers.
- The Yellow Waxflower pieces have been placed all throughout the Tulips & Greenery; mainly focusing on the edges of the arrangement.
- Now you can focus on adding any additional pieces of accents, greenery or tulips that wasn't used in the beginning. These pieces will help to fill in the arrangement.
- When you are finished and happy with the overall shape and look of your door piece, you are set to enjoy this Cross throughout the Easter season.
- Rebecca Coffman